EvalFest 2018: Voice, visibility and value
7- 9 February, 2018, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India
Evaluation Community of India (ECOI) was established in 2016. ECOI seeks to promote knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and evaluation to promote high quality, credible and useful evaluations.
It is important to build a culture of evaluation in the country so that all stakeholders like policymakers, program managers, evaluation practitioners, non-governmental organisations, academia and most importantly the community accept evaluations as a means to evidence-informed decision making and information dissemination. Convening these stakeholders will help build common understanding of the importance of evaluation, how it is done and its usefulness for learning and making improvements by sharing knowledge and perspectives. EvalFest 2018, a three-day event in Delhi, is being conceptualised as a step in the direction to co-produce knowledge and build partnerships with various stakeholders to ensure that evaluation and evidence use are cornerstones in how India works towards achieving SDGs focussing upon engaging stakeholders, inclusiveness and innovation.
EvalFest 2018 will provide space for and encourage less traditional forms of information sharing, such as theatre and storytelling using drawing, photos or oral histories (Visibility for all) to focus on evaluation experiences from non-traditional voices in evaluation conferences (Voice for all). Possible themes will focus on the multiple types of values that evaluation can have and reduce misunderstanding and anxieties that people might have about it. (How to Value evaluations taking out Fear of evaluation)
- Engaging Community and other stakeholders in Development and Evaluation: Field building, Innovation in process and utility orientation.
- Inclusion- social, economic, cultural and behavioural
- Innovations: New knowledge and practice
- Ethics and evaluations
- Road to SDGs: prioritization, building evaluation capabilities and evidence use
Main event will take place from 7th Feb. to 9th Feb. 2018. The program on the first day will include inauguration and key note address with open forums for sharing knowledge. Pre- fest events outcomes will be a part of the main event on this day. Programs on 8th will be convened by various partner organisations in their respective organisations on above mentioned themes. On final day the outcomes and the takeaways from the event will be part of discussions and finalised. A detailed program will be formulated in consultation with various stakeholders.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE
- By Sponsoring events and venue
- By sponsoring participants
- By organising pre-Fest events
- By developing Fest material- poster/ charts/ videos/ theatre/songs any other
- By proposing panels
- By presenting their innovations
- By suggesting interesting mode of presentation
- By generating awareness about the event and bringing participants from varying fields.
Evaluation Community of India
ISST, UG Floor, Core 6A, India
Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New
Delhi 110 003
Tel: +91 11 47682222